Download your FREE 2013 Gold-Medal Game Plan for Entrepreneurs
Download your FREE 2013 Gold-Medal Game Plan for Managers & Executives
View Latest Article
Click here to email
Teams Can Make or Break Your Business
Teams are the engines that drive successful organizations. Collectively, their honed skills and experiences can produce amazing results that individuals acting alone simply cannot.
So where does the carefully tweaked machine go wrong? Teams are not composed of skills and experiences; they are people, human beings, all with various levels of interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication skills. To add confusion, many individuals are members of several teams at any given moment.
Why Can't We Just Get Along?
We can but first we need to think of the team as a system – a dynamic system with spoken and unspoken rules, vision, blind spots, expectations and moods.
Whoa! You’ve never looked at it like that before? Conduit Coaching does. We’ve spent years studying team dynamics and we’ve come up with a few things we’d like to share with you.
It's Not What (or Who) You Think
Very often, the problem is pinpointed as “Bob” or “Julie” but really, it has very little to do with the individuals in the group. In fact, to obtain extraordinary results, a team must be more than just a collection of people working together to have sustainable high performance. It must have a high degree of positivity – good feelings, if you will – among the players, a unified sense of purpose, commitment to a set of values, collective desire, accountability, and trust.
Does your team:
- Use conflict creatively, to find solutions?
- Respond and adapt well to change?
- Foster innovation?
- Find ways to leverage team members’ strengths?
- Have clearly defined roles and responsibilities and high follow through?
- Feel safe to speak their minds openly?
- Automatically count on each other, knowing all members are reliable?
- Work in an atmosphere of mutual respect and genuine positive regard?
Yes, they’re supposed to do that! How do I know?
Conduit Coaching Can Help
In a positive, high-functioning system, every team member is empowered to perform at his or her individual best. We work with the team to:
- Develop team communication strategies and skills
- Have constructive conflict
- Learn how to have the difficult conversations
- Communicate respectfully, even in times of tension or stress
- Cope with very strong or stubborn personalities
- Develop trust within the team
- Create a compelling and enduring vision
- Develop clean and achievable goals
- Improve skill and capacity for creating functional, satisfying interpersonal relationships among team members
In return, your organization will receive:
- Improved productivity and profitability
- Increased employee retention
- An inspired organization
- Healthy, productive conflict
- Increased employee buy-in and goodwill
- Increased creativity, leading to process improvements and product innovation
Ultimately, you will see a significant increase your organization’s success!
For More Information on Team Coaching
Contact Mary Ellen to discuss how team coaching can specifically benefit your organization.
How I Know: Team Coaching
There is plenty of empirical evidence correlating high positivity in relationships and the workplace to sustained high performance.
Conduit Coaching’s approach to teams incorporates the best of leading-edge research including Positive Psychology, Systems Theory, Emotional Intelligence, and the Gallup organization’s work on strength-based leadership.